23 November, 2019
Homemade Hot Chocolate MixComments : 1 Posted in : Dessert, Drinks on by : Mike
Decadent Hot Chocolate Mix
Another Dina recipie. Sourced from https://smittenkitchen.com/2014/12/decadent-hot-chocolate-mix/
This is the ideal homemade December gift to pack up for friends and family, if I do say so myself. It’s both rich and deeply chocolaty, without being excessively sweet. Add some homemade springy fluffy marshmallows or the my new favorite thing to dunk in hot chocolate (next up!) if you want to do it up further.
- 1/2 cup 100 grams granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon 8 grams cornstarch
- 3 ounces 85 grams semi- or bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup 40 grams cocoa powder, any kind you like
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or the seeds from a tiny segment of fresh vanilla bean
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt or 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until powdery. Don’t have a food processor? Chop or grate the chocolate until it is as fine as you can get it, and stir it into the remaining ingredients. Mixture keeps in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 months.
To use: Heat one cup of milk (coconut, almond or others would work here too) in a saucepan over medium heat until steamy. Add 3 tablespoons hot cocoa mix. Whisk over heat for another minute or two, until it begins to simmer and mix is completely dissolved. Pour into mug, top with mini-marshmallows or a dollop of whipped cream and hide somewhere nobody will make you share give it to someone you love.