7 December, 2020
Keto Cheese Fondue
1st Course for our family dinner or a standalone lunch. Serve with dippers including bread (non-keto), baby carrots, apples, broccoli chunks, cauliflower heads.
Keto Friendly Cheese Fondue
Simple easy cheese fondue
- 1/2 pound Gruyère cheese grated
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese grated/shredded
- 1/2 tsp xanthum gum needed in place of flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder more to taste
- pinch Kosher Salt more to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white white
- 12 baby carrots
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 12 cauliflower or broccoli florets
Heat the wine to a simmer
Add Xanthum Gum (its a thickener)
Add both cheeses and continue to stir regularly to keep anything from burning. Watch the temperature and turn it down as necessary. Stirring and Scraping are the best methods to keep anything from burning.
Add garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste and serve warm with dippers
For those not on a Keto diet, bread chunks work well.