24 March, 2020
Mike’s Pad Thai
Posted in : Not Food on by : Mike Tags: Noodle, Peanut, Thai
Beth isn’t always a huge Thai person but the kids and I love the flavors. So here is my Pad Thai recipe.
Thai Noodle Dish
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 10 oz Thai rice noodles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into small strips, or 1 lb extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips and strips halved
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 green onions whites minced, greens sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- Red pepper flakes and sesame seeds optional
Prepare rice noodles according to directions listed on package. In a mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice and fish sauce, set aside.
While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a wok or a 12-inch deep saute pan set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, about 6 minutes. If using shrimp cook about 1 1/2 minutes per side or until opaque.
Transfer to a plate, leaving oil in pan. Add bell pepper and carrots saute 1 – 2 minutes then add garlic, green onions and bean sprouts saute 1 minute longer.
Push veggies to edges of pan and crack eggs into center. Cook and scramble until eggs have cooked through. Add in chicken, noodles and sauce and toss everything together and cook 1 – 2 minutes.
Serve warm topped with cilantro, peanuts and optional red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.