9 October, 2016
Mike’s Simple Sunday Chili
So when you wake up on a crappy Sunday morning, know you have a football game to watch and want that warm Chili feeling, this is an easy recipe to throw together. It isn’t fancy but yields a really nice meat based chili.
This recipe uses a slow cooker.
Mike's Simple Sunday Chili
- 2 lb ground beef I prefer 85% for this recipie
- 1 Yellow Sweet Onion Chopped
- 4 cloves garlic Peeled and Chopped small
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomotoes undrained
- 1 can (16oz) Red Kidney Beans Drained
- 1 can (16oz) Store Tomato Sauce Basic store brand is fine
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Optional
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- onion powder to taste
- season salt to taste
- 1 package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 small package sour cream
Brown the mean in Frying Pan over medium high heat. Season meat with salt and pepper.
Brown the onions in a smaller separate pan over medium heat. Cook until they start to sweat and get translucent (don't brown or burn). Salt the onions as they cook.
While the onions and meat are browning get the slow cooker setup and going on medium heat
Crush Gloves of garlic and chop, put into slow cooker
get tomatoes, tomato sauce into slow cooker. Drain Kidney beans and add to pot.
Add Meat and onions to pot when ready. Add all other spices
Cook on low heat 4-6 hours. Stirring occasionally and seasoning to taste
Serve with cheddar and sour cream in bowls.